Thursday, December 13, 2012

Apologies!

Since Matt's Christmas gift is done, and I don't have any more holiday knitting to do... I did what any self respecting knitter would do: I cast on two new projects for me! In color! (my apologies to all those knitters/crafter's working diligently on their holiday projects! I'm cheering you on! You can do it!)

The first project is a necessity, as I really need a new pair of gloves. I do hope to have them done in time for Christmas. Not my favorite thing to knit (I think I have issues using double point needles, and yes I've tried all the other techniques: magic loop, two needle, etc, but I find the dpn's give me the best rhythm, I just don't like using them). Totally worth it, as it's so nice to have gloves that fit me!

However, I decided to cast on a new cardigan for me! (not like I don't have 40 already cast on!).

I love this yarn.

This is a remake. I made this pattern before, and it was one of my favorite. (hmmm... notice the past tense?). Yep, it's a wee bit too small for me these days. I know it was a fast project and I had this beautiful Green Mountain Spinnery Mountain Mohair recently frogged from my October Frost (also due to sizing issue... do you see a trend here?). I don't have enough of the Mountain Mohair to go up in size on the October Frost, but I have plenty to do the Eyelet & Cable Cardigan.

Elsabeth Lavold's Angora. Let's call this "decadent"
So while my glove is tedious (2.5mm needles), this one feels fast (size 9 needles!). The swatch is working up quickly (ed note: swatch means sleeve). The yarn is wonderful and is giving me a lovely drape. It might not be as luxurious as the angora of the first, but I sure ain't complaining!

I think I can get this swatch to the sleeve cap shaping today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.