Friday, January 04, 2013

Tempting Fate?

So I've started the new year by breaking some of my traditions.

Growing up in central Pennsylvania means pork and sauerkraut for New Year's Day; but unless it's on a reuben sandwich, I'm not a big fan of sauerkraut (I did do pork ribs and coleslaw... I figure that it's the same ingredients, just in a different format, right?).

I also didn't cast on a new project on the first day of the year. It's something I've done for years, but I have not finished the last 3 years' New Year's Projects. After a discussion with my friend Julie, we decided to concentrate on one of our many WIP/UFO's... hopefully setting us up for a "year of finishing". My initial plan was to work on one of the projects that I started on New Year's, but never finished, but instead I worked on my eyelet & cable cardi. However, 4 days later, and I'm definitely feeling the itch to cast some thing on!

While I've never been a fan of resolutions, I do usually set goals for myself. Either project specific, or volume specific (ya, remember that year I tried to finish 24 projects... and I did, but most of them were failures... we won't be doing that again. Rather have it right rather than get it done).

However, I haven't even done that this year. I don't really have any goals set. Maybe finish Matt's fair isle pullover (Bayberry) in time for his Christmas gift. Maybe do some sorting of stash (and maybe even thin it down a bit). Eh. What gets done gets done. The only thing that I'm setting as a goal for this year: knit with more color (which also means: knit more for me!).

So hopefully all these things that I did differently this year will not come back to bite me. Maybe all those traditions for good luck are there for a reason? I guess we'll find out this time next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.