Thursday, January 30, 2014

Sneak Peak at Rowhouse

Just a quick update on Matt's Rowhouse. Basically it needs some closure and a bath.

Took some photos of it on my dressform today, but that's not a great representation of how it fits (girl vs. boy, plus there that whole sizing difference).

I do love the Kathmandu yarn! It's not the easiest yarn to work with (and don't even think about using it for seaming), but the colors, the feel, the texture. It's one of Matt's favorite yarns and combine it with a pattern that he loved, and I think we're going to have a winner here.

I have some wooden toggle buttons for the closure, but I'm thinking I might head over to Etsy and look for something a little more in the grey scale color range. We'll see what he wants (he actually already picked out the wooden toggles, but that was before we decided on this yarn).


1 comment:

  1. Shawl collars are so wonderful, aren't they! I loved the one you knitted on Amanda and now this one. I love the grey, too, but are you finding like I am that knitting on a grey sweater for a man in the depth of winter isn't too much fun. I am making Kearsarge from A Fine Fleece in grey for my hubby, but I find that I need some color every day in my knitting or crochet to lighten my spirits because of this dreary winter.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.