Friday, February 28, 2014

Finish It or Frog It Friday

The white cotton blend cropped cardi is practically done. uh.. yay? It only needs buttons and you would think I would be very excited to have it finished.

I was until I tried it on. All I can say: UGH! I've made this pattern before and the alpaca version is one of my most favoritest sweaters evah. However, the little (okay, not so little) weight gain has made it unwearable right now.

So I figured when I was looking for a white cotton blend cardigan, this pattern would be perfect. I couldn't have been more wrong. While I did make the appropriate size, I'm not sure if the cotton blend vs. alpaca was a good choice. The Cotton Ease gave me fab stitch definition, but it of course does not have the same drape. I'm also not so sure that a cropped cardigan is really body appropriate anymore. I intended to wear it over a bright print dress, and it still may work for that, but as an everyday cardigan: it looks horrible on me.

So I'm not sure if I'm just going to go ahead and put some buttons on it and then try to adopt it out or if I should frog it. Since there's nothing wrong with it except how it looks on me, I'll probably find some buttons and put it up for adoption. So I guess I'll call it done.




Project Summery:

Pattern: Design 4 from Patons Canadian Living Booklet

Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease

Problems with the pattern: none, third time I've made this pattern. Easy peasy.

Changes to the pattern: I lengthened the body a few inches (so there's also an extra button). I added some moss stitch in the center of the main cable.

Overall impressions: while there is nothing wrong specifically with the finished project, I can't wear it (when Matt gives you a head shake, you know it's bad: he's Mr. Positive). So more body issues than project issue. Disappointed, but definitely won't be making any more cropped projects. I'm not 25 with an hourglass figure anymore.



and now we remember why Matt ends up with more finished projects!

1 comment:

  1. I think it would look nice worn hanging open over a sundress.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.